Divorce Decree Enforcement

Once you have a divorce, custody or child support decree you may need to take steps to enforce the terms of the decree. If your ex-partner fails to uphold their side of your agreements, you have the right to enforce the terms of the decree which can often involve going to court.

  • Some common issues that may require the enforcement of court orders include:
  • Failure to pay child support
  • Failure to follow the parenting plan or not allowing you parenting time with your kids
  • Failure to pay spousal maintenance
  • Failure to turn over property or assets as set out in the divorce decree

To enforce the terms of your order you can have your attorneys negotiate directly, attend mediation or file a motion in court. It is helpful to talk with an attorney to find out which option is best for your case.