Modifying Parenting Time

If the parents are unable to resolve a parenting time dispute, a motion may be filed with the court to modify parenting time. The standard for modifying parenting time is the best interests of the children. The court may not restrict visitation unless it finds that visitation is likely to endanger the child’s physical or emotional health or impair the child’s emotional development or the noncustodial parent has chronically and unreasonably failed to comply with court ordered visitation. If the custodial parent is alleging that visitation places the child in danger of harm, the court is to schedule a hearing promptly to determine whether the visitation order should be modified.